Born in Genova, Italian citizenship.
Known foreign language: English.
Position: researcher at University of Sassari.
Laurea degree in Electronic Engineering, University of Genova.
- 1999-2000 Temporary researcher at University of Genova for developing an automatic system for face recognition.
- 2000-2002 Research grant at the University of Genova with the theme: Automatic face recognition applied to electronic commerce.
- 2003 Temporary researcher University of Genova for developing an automatic system for quality printing control based on computer vision techniques.
- 2005-2007 Research grant at the University of Sassari with the theme: Using biometric technologies for security access.
- 2008 Senior researcher for the Ambient Intelligence Laboratory at Sardegna Ricerche.
- 2009-2010 Research grant at the University of Sassari with the theme: Investigation and evaluation of visual recognition situation method.
- VIRSBS 1995-1998, European project for developing an intelligent ATM (Automatic Teller Machine) based on face authentication techniques.
- VIMINI 1995-1998, European project for developing an intelligent PC interface based on ocular movement to aid disabled.
- ITAVA 2002-2004, Italian project for developing an industrial quality control system. The goal of project was to check the correct print on plastic flasks and bottles.
- POR SARDEGNA 2000-2006 MISURA 3.13 2008 (from july to december 2008) Senior Researcher at the Ambient Intelligence Laboratory.
REVIEWER ACTIVITIES FOR INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
- Electronic Letters on Computer Vision and Image Analysis (ELCVIA)
- IEE Electronics Letters
- International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology (IJCAT)
- Computer vision
- Computer vision applied to industrial quality control
- Biometrics: face recognition
- Video surveillance